Let’s face it, some foods, like ice cream, just look like it was meant for human consumption. The crawfish, however, is not like that. But dang if those little creatures aren’t yummy!
Ugly to look at, but delicious on the palette, those who’ve had crawfish cooked the right way can tell you there ain’t nothin’ like it! Come taste for yourself at the Pensacola Crawfish Festival, held annually during the last weekend of April in Downtown Pensacola’s Bartram Park.
Bring friends, family, and most importantly, your appetite. Past years have featured 16,000 pounds of boiled crawfish provided by the Cordova Crawfish Company of Pensacola, Florida.
Cajun dishes such as red beans and rice, boudin balls, seafood gumbo, etouffee, jambalaya, and Cajun pasta will also be available in abundance. Great food, live entertainment, and fun activities for the entire family!
CRAWFISH EATING CONTEST
How many pounds of crawfish can you eat? Come take part in the annual Cat Country 98.7 Crawfish Eating Contest. Contestants may participate in the kids, adults, or CrawDADDY division. Entry for children is free, adult entry is $5 and CrawDADDY entry is $10.
Registration starts 30 minutes prior to each competition, and prizes are presented after each competition.
Pensacola Crawfish Festival Highlights:
- Free admission on Friday before 3pm.
- Crawfish Eating Contest with three different categories (of ages, not crawfish!)
- The Children’s Area, open on Saturday (10AM-5PM) and Sunday (11AM-5PM), offering cost-friendly arts and crafts, face painting, wands, balloons, games, and the popular NASCRAW crawfish races!
- First weekend in May 2018 (Weather permitting. Actual Dates & Times TBD)
- Martram Park: 211 Bayfront Pkwy, Pensacola, FL 32502
- Pets (excluding licensed service animals), coolers and outside food and beverages are not allowed.
- Handicap parking will be available on a first come, first served basis Friday through Sunday in Fountain Park (East Zaragoza Street)
- For more info, call Fiesta of Five Flags at 850-433-6512